1) “You’re a wizard, Harry” – this probably has to be my favourite scene in the Philosopher’s Stone. It’s when Harry first gets introduced to the wizarding world and where his friendship with Hagrid is first established.
2) When Harry and Ron stole the flying car in the Chamber of Secrets, I just think it’s the true beginning of their mischievous ways
3) Harry finally unleashes his patronus in Prisoner of Azkaban and fights off hundreds of Dementors, which earlier in the film we were led to believe was his father. This spell proves his immense magical ability that we would see progress throughout the series.
4) The graveyard scene in Goblet of fire – we finally got to meet the big, dark, bad in the flesh. Also poor old Cedric was murdered, which just started the dark turn the series was about to take.
5) The prophecy which we are shown in Order of the Phoenix, is where we finally learn Voldemort’s obsession with Harry. “Either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives” so basically Harry was going to have to fight himself and risk dying in the process. This really set the tone for the following chapters of the series.
6) Let’s not forget the bombshell that the chosen one could have actually been Neville Longbottom – both born at the end of July and both had parents in the Order of the Phoenix. This is possibly why Neville turned into such a badass in the Deathly Hallows, and of course not forgetting he destroyed the final horcrux (Nagini) leading to the destruction of Voldemort.
7) Dumbledore dies in the Half Blood Prince – I don’t have much else to say about that.
8) We finally see Snape’s secret in the Deathly Hallows, which shows us he was the hero we always hoped he would be. Always.
9) “Come on Tom, let’s finish this the way we started it… Together!” This just highlights how unafraid of Voldemort Harry really is. The only other person to ever refer to him as Tom was Dumbledore.
10) Dobby in the Deathly Hallows was so much better than when we first saw him in Chamber of Secrets – “Dobby has no master. Dobby is a free elf, and Dobby has come to save Harry Potter and his friends!”.