In XCOM: The Board Game, the alien invasion has begun. Early encounters have only served to prove that the world’s militaries are hopelessly outgunned. Panic leads to riots, and governments struggle to maintain any control. Human civilization is on the brink of collapse…
As the department heads of XCOM, you and your friends must succeed where the world’s militaries have failed. You lead the elite members of an international, military organization, which is funded by a secret coalition. It is your job to destroy UFOs, research alien technology, uncover the alien invasion plan, and find some way to turn back the alien invaders. You must do this all while preventing the collapse of the governments that secretly fund your organization, and you must do it quickly. You do not have the luxury of time.
While you and your friends immerse yourselves into your roles as XCOM department heads, the alien invasion continues to escalate. XCOM: The Board Game incorporates the use of a free digital companion app, which you can either download or access online. By coordinating alien activities in real-time, this companion app heightens the game’s dramatic tension and its immersive qualities.
- Allows players to immerse themselves deep into the dramatic tension at the core of XCOM: The Board Game
- Allows for a challenging cooperative (or solo) experience like no other.
- App enhanced rules help to streamline the game play and get players playing quicker.
- Controls the flow of information that your satellites provide you, and tracks the progress of your resistance efforts.
- Allows for a uniquely dynamic turn structure and three different difficulty levels.